Cant power off Aopen EZ65

Johan Allgoth johan at ioio.se
Wed May 5 13:52:30 UTC 2010

Hi

i am trying to install FreeNas on some not young (2005) hardware, an Aopen EZ65. However when i try and shut it down with 'shutdown -p now' it yields different results. Sometimes it shuts down, sometimes claims to shutdown but reboots, sometimes claims to reboot and reboots.

I have tried under both FreeNas (BSD 7.2) and FreeBSD 8.0, with different bios settings and all non-essential hardware unplugged. The only option seems to be default bios settings, then it *usually* works. But, with much needed Wake On Lan enabled I cant turn my puter off :-(

My goal is a FreeNas that i can turn on and off from remote.

I followed a workaround for some Intel mobo, disabling USB. It works first run, then stops working, much like when i enable WOL, first run works, the following not.

Wake On Lan and power down works under Ubuntu 9.10. I'd be happy for any pointers, and would of course assist in debugging if it is within my realms of knowledge.

ACL here: http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/aopen.ez65.asl

Other outputs can be found here: http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/

'sysctl hw.acpi'

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 0.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 80.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 100.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 80.0C -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC1: 4
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC2: 3
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TSP: 60
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1

dmesg after changing to Wake On Lan, first run. Starting with WOL works, shutdown works:
http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/freenas.acpi-on.WOL-on.first-run.txt

dmesg, second run, no changes. WOL works, shutdown not:
http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/freenas.acpi-on.WOL-on.second-run.txt

Best regards,

Johan Allgoth  == GPG 0x7BEBBD96