Simple patch to acpi_ibm

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko gaijin.k at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:37:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 10:10 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> Can someone with acpi_ibm(4) test that this patch works ok and removes the LOR
> between acpi_ibm and the sysctl lock on HEAD or 8 with WITNESS enabled?

I can confirm that on my system (FreeBSD xxx 8.0-RC1 FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 #2
r197402M: Thu Sep 24 11:47:46 EDT 2009
root at xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TPX60  i386) patch removes the LOR.
IBM-specific ACPI knobs seem to continue functioning properly after the
patch.

HTH,
--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)