No brightness control on Acer laptop

Székvölgyi Péter ghostp at mcss.hu
Sun May 24 19:31:41 UTC 2009

Nikolay Tychina wrote:
> Did you try to fix your dsdt (it has only one error, mine has 7 :-) )?
> Also you can download original & fixed dsdt from
> http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php?manufacturer=ACER
> and fix yours by analogy.
>
> Did you try http://code.google.com/p/acpi-amilo/

I tested it, only change my wireless radio switch is default to off.

 From http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/view.php?manufacturer=ACER
i downloaded ACER Extensa 4002 and 4001 dsdt, i compile it and reboot
the brightness control works corectly, but i haven't battery monitor,
thermal
control, etc. I saw the original dsdt from "acpidump" and it has an
error, like
the dsdt from google source.

I see the source, but this time i never programming in this language, so i
didn't know what is wrong. Anyone has a link or anything how can i learn?

Thanks,
Peter