Fighting for the power.

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue May 12 10:43:44 UTC 2009

On 2009-May-11 13:38:25 -0700, Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:
>LI-Ion batteries will deteriorate if not fully discharged periodically
>and even more if almost always on AC power and fully charged.

Li-ION batteries deterioriate under virtually any conditions.  My
reading suggests storing them partially charged in a fridge is best.

>charge point. "Full discharge" means disabling automatic suspend on low
>battery in power management and letting them run down as far as
>possible.

A friend & I both have HP nx6125 laptops.  We have both accidently run
our batteries to cutoff on a number of occasions and every time we do,
acpiconf reports the battery capacity drops by about 5%.

--
Peter Jeremy