Semi-working patch for amd64 suspend/resume

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Sat Dec 27 04:57:05 PST 2008

Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> On Thursday 11 December 2008 06:01 pm, Alexander Motin wrote:
>
>> Jung-uk Kim wrote:
>>
>>> FYI, I uploaded a new patch with some fixes (against today's
>>> CURRENT):
>>>
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/amd64_suspend.diff

Jung-uk,

Do you have a patch for i386?
What does require to make suspend/resume work on i386 (based on your patch)?
I'm willing to test.
I tried the patch
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2008-May/004879.html)
however system panics when I try to suspend.

thanks,

Ganbold

>> It is still working for me.
>>

> Good.
>

>>> This patch should be feature complete but I'd say it is still
>>> considered experimental as it is not properly reviewed.
>>>
>> This comment looks stale:
>> /* Restore PAT and MTRRdefType. */
>>

> Corrected.
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> Jung-uk Kim

The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception a
necessity. -- Oscar Wilde