Problem on AMD64

David van Kuijk dynasore at bigfoot.com
Sun Dec 21 13:50:09 PST 2008

Thanks for the responses so far.

I would be happy with S3. I am however a little confused about the
abilities of  my server as reported by sysctl hw.acpi.

As commented below this line suggests that no other states than S4/S5
are supported:
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S4 S5

But this is also listed:
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3

Are these last two overridden by the first, meaning that S3 is not
available from my BIOS???

David