shutdown does not power down

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 02:35:17 PST 2008

--- On Thu, 12/11/08, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried compiling ACPI into the kernel? I do that at
> least and it works for me.
No. How could I do it?

> I noticed that no one asked what kind of hardware you have.
This is Intel P4 3GHz desktop. I have two hard disks (SATA) fixed into this computer and on the first one, FreeBSD 7.0 and on the second, FreeBSD RELENG_7.

When boot to first hard disk, the FreeBSD 7.0, the shutdown power off without any issue. My problem is with the second one, RELENG_7, which I do lot of experimentation. The  RELENG_7 OS seems to run well. I do not see any other issue.

I'm beginning to feel something required to get ACPI up is missing or accidentally got deleted from the RELENG_7 disk. I found /dev/acpi is missing.

What should be there in minimum to get the ACPI up and get registered properly?

Regards
Unga