acpi: suspend request ignored (not ready yet)

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:06:08 UTC 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:44:56 -0700
Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> wrote:

> You have to run devd.  It gets the notification that suspend has been
> requested and calls acpiconf to ack it.

devd is started by default, so it is running here.  See attached output
of `ps ax`.  I will be sure to check if devd has crashed, after future
suspend/resume cycles, but that seems unlikely.

> You also need to make sure you  installed the new rc scripts if you
> upgraded to 7.0 from 6.2.

I did not upgrade.  I ran newfs on every partition except /home, and
installed from scratch, manually merging just a few lines from my old
/etc files.

To check this, I extracted ./etc from FreeBSD 7.0 disc1, and diff'ed
that with my live /etc tree.  The diffs look quite minor to me.  See
attached etc_diff-ur.log.gz for all changes. (/etc/*passwd removed of
course).

Anything else?