EeePC LCD brightness control

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Sun Apr 20 02:32:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 06:53 +0900, Akira Funahashi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a patch to FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE for ASUS EeePC.
> The patch will be applied to /sys/dev/acpi_support/acpi_asus.c,
> which enalbes me to control LCD brightness on EeePC through
> sysctl and [Fn]+[F3],[F4] key.
>
> Here is a patch:
>   http://celldesigner.org/~funa/acpi_asus.c.diff
>
> Hope this helps,

We really need to work out how to get these keys reported as input
events so that they can be passed through to the desktop and handled in
an appropriate manner.  As-is, we end up with poor backlight management
because we've got ACPI and the 2D driver (and HAL trying to use one of
the two) fighting over who controls it.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com