powerd freeze with amd 5000 X2 but not with lower cpus

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Jul 27 15:21:40 UTC 2007

Hi
when I enable powerd with default flags (and any other also) the computer
freezes some seconds after powerd is started. It does not reach login.
Nothing in the logs. This is with amd 5000 X2 Am2

When i stick into the same computer a 4600 or 4200 it runs fine and smooth.

I thought it is MB related and did the same and again the 5000 cpu freeze, the
smaller ones not.

Any idea what I should do?

I use releng_6 amd and i386 same story and cpufreq and acpi is compiled.
--

João