AMD Turion64 X2 works with PowerNow! thank you Bruno

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 26 00:29:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 07:48:28PM +0100, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
>acpi_throttle is broken ATM on your machine.  BTW if you boot with
>hint.apic.0.disabled="1"
>into /boot/loader.conf
>does this solve the acpi_throttle issue?

No.  I can no longer boot.  ACPI reports "ACPI-0210 Unable to install
System Control Interrupt Handler, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS".  Everything else
reports "unable to allocate interrupt" or "couldn't map interrupt"
though they list valid IRQ numbers.

Having checked, this is probably because I've not got 'atpic' in my
kernel.  I might try changing this if I have some spare time.

--
Peter Jeremy