i386/73822: [request] add thermal support to ACPI

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 07:29:14 PDT 2006

Ohoh... It's a little bit embarassing... I was completely sure, that Linux
found thermal sensors via acpi...

Somehow neither SUSE Linux 8.1 (2003) nor KNOPPIX 3.7 (2004-12) seems to find a
thermal_zone (I looked in dmesg and /proc/acpi).

FreeBSD R6.1 with verbose kernel messages (boot -v) does not say a word about
thermal, too.

I think, my BIOS/ACPI is just too old for thermal_zone and
auto-power-on-timer... :-)

Sorry for the trouble... We can close that PR now with my consent.

Tubby-Bye-Bye :-)
-Arne