Your Resume...Linux Systems Engineer Opportunity

Matthew Strassberg matthew at expanxion.net
Wed May 24 17:25:59 UTC 2006

I work with Expanxion, a recruiting firm that places technology
professionals.  I came across your resume, and it looks like you may have
the skills for this position.  Please let me know if you or anyone you know
may be interested in this, or would like to hear about some of our many
other opportunities throughout Northern and Southern California.  If
interested in applying for this job please attach your resume in Word
format.

If this job is not a good fit, feel free to email or call me to let me know
what you're looking for so I can see what we have that is a better fit.  We
work with dozens of tech companies and have many opportunities in Software
Engineering, QA, Test, Project Management, and even a few VP Engineering
positions.

If you have any technology professional friends who are looking for new and
better opportunities, please introduce them to me.  If we place someone
referred by you, we'll thank you with $1000.  And likewise, if you can
recommend any companies that are looking to hire good technology candidates
and may be able to use our services now or in the future, I'd appreciate any
recommendations.

Linux Systems Engineer
Cupertino, CA
Salary DOE, stock options, health insurance, dental, vision, 401k.

We seek a talented individual to develop systems software for a Linux based
security appliance. The candidate will be designing and developing high
performance kernel and user level software that can decode and analyze
network traffic at gigabit line speeds. The software needs to scale from
small embedded platforms to multi-processor platforms that can handle
multiple gigabits of network traffic. The candidate should also be able to
design and develop control plane software for the appliance.

Required Skills:

*       A minimum of 5 years of Linux/Unix based system software
development experience

*       Excellent C and multi threaded programming skills

*       Deep technical knowledge of the linux networking stack

*       Working knowledge of the major components of the linux kernel

*       Ability to quickly prototype and validate designs

*       A bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields

*       Collaborative thinker and team player

Preferred Skills:

*       Prior experience with linux based network appliances

*       Master's degree in computer science

*       Experience developing security applications

Matthew Strassberg
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Expanxion
900 A Hampshire Road