Machine did not reboot

Alexander Logvinov abuse at akavia.ru
Sat Jun 17 12:06:58 UTC 2006

Hello!

>> Thanks for both your efforts.  I've committed and MFCd a patch that does
>> the same things.  I left out Jung-uk's hack because it's better just to
>> not run AcpiTerminate at all than grovel in its internals.
>  After updating src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi.c to v 1.214.2.5 2006/06/11 I get a "ACPI reset failed -
> timeout" message. I call Jung-uk's hack with AcpiGbl_OriginalMode = ACPI_SYS_MODE_ACPI and
> AcpiTerminate() manually but it doesn't help. May it be anything wrong with my kernel configuration?
 Sorry for stupid question but why when I'm writing hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot=1 in sysctl.conf after reboot I see this?

# sysctl hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0

 And after

# sysctl hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot=1
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0 -> 1

  the system all the same  uses ResetRegister after shutdown -r now?

--
WBR