Fujitsu S2110

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Sat Jan 28 19:09:58 PST 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 19:26, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> ACPI listers,
>
> I have recently acquired an S2110 with the AMD Turion CPU, and am
> tracking 6-STABLE on it.
>
> Here is the issue:
>
> When I simply have acpi.ko loaded, dmesg reports all kinds of nifty
> ACPI devices. Great. For the life of me, though, I don't seem to
> see them _doing_ anything. I have powerd loaded in rc.conf, but the
> CPU never changes speed, shutting the lid does _not_ suspend the
> laptop, and the power button simply executes a 'shutdown -h now'
> via ACPI (the documented response is a suspend). Backlight and
> volume functionality seems to be working fine.
>
> So, then I 'kldload acpi_fujitsu' thinking, 'hey, that just might
> work!'. Well, it doesn't do anything. Through grepping around a
> bit, I see that the code supports my map table, but it seems to
> catch on the GVOL step, ala this poor chap:
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?42FD1079.3020607
I'm planning on fixing this problem.  The problem seems that a lot of
the newer Fujitsu laptops don't have all the features of the older
ones (ACPI-wise).  Currently the logic of acpi_fujitsu expects
everything to be available or it will fail to attach.  I'll see if I
can whip up a small fix that will allow each thing to be conditional.
If you want, comment out the GVOL/SVOL stuff from the driver and see
if you can get it to attach.

> Bottom line is: I would really love to have ACPI fully functional,
> and while my C skills are rather rusty at this point, I am more
> than willing to experiment on this laptop with any patches that
> might be available out there (though I couldn't find any).
Send the output of "sysctl hw.acpi" to the list.

--
Anish Mistry