ACPI blacklist of Asus P2B-F

Mark.McGregor at americom-gs.com Mark.McGregor at americom-gs.com
Fri Jan 20 09:43:55 PST 2006

I came across your post recently when I was researching the P2B-F ASUS
motherboards. If you have experience on these boards, I have a question
for you. If not, please forgive me for sending you this email. Here is my
problem; I was using my PC the other day when all the sudden, my screen
went blank, but my hard drive was still running. After removing the panels
on my PC tower, I pulled my graphics card from the AGP slot and noticed
that there was a few burnt capacitors. So I went and purchased another AGP
graphic board and tried it again. Still no video. Then I returned the AGP
graphics card for another type which fits into one of my PCI slots, still
no resolve. I found a used ASUS motherboard on ebay for 10 dollars and I
might purchase it. What do you think might have happened to my
motherboard? BTW, I took my monitor to a friends house and hooked it up to
his computer and it worked fine. Please let me know if you have any
suggestions. Thanks.

Mark McGregor
Systems Engineer
Americom Government Services