ACPI on i440BX Laptop

Crispy Beef crispy.beef at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 5 05:33:22 PST 2006

Hi All,

Have just joined this list as I am having a few issues with ACPI under
6.0-RELEASE on my old laptop.  It's a Kapok 8500C with an Intel i440BX mobo,
466MHz Celeron with 128Mb RAM.

I was having issue with compiles failing and it was suggested that ACPI on the
440BX mobo was a bit flaky?  Thermal zone issues causing overheating etc.
Thought I'd join this list and see if there's any improvements I can make to
the system.

I've already had to put debug.acpi.disabled="sysresource" in my
/boot/loader.conf to get my PCMCIA network card working...before it just
wouldn't work, popped that line in and all is fine with it.

Any suggestions?  Other than get a new laptop... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul