Kernel panic with ACPI enabled

Przemysław Celej p-celej at o2.pl
Tue Feb 7 07:11:57 PST 2006

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Monday 06 February 2006 17:45, Przemysław Celej wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I'm using FreeBSD 5.X and 6.X I've got seriously problem with
>> ACPI. When I setup ACPI as module, I've got panic soon after kernel
>> recognize processor:
>> pmap_mapdev: Couldn't alloc kernel virtual memory
>>
>> *but* on GENERIC kernel ACPI works without any problems. I'm convinced
>> that, this problem is depending on hardware (actually only on motherboard).
>>
>> Please help me, I need ACPI enabled.
>>
>> Environment:
>> System version: FreeBSD-6.0 (but this problem steps out on FreeBSD 5.X
>> also) Motherboard: Abit NF7-S (on nforce2 chipset)
>> Memory: 512MB DDR (333Mhz)
>> Hard drive: Seagate V 60GB/ATA100
>> Processor: AMD Athlon2500+/333Mhz
>>

> What kernel are you using that breaks?  Is it a custom kernel config?

Yes, here is the config (currently I'm using FreeBSD 6.0):
http://80.50.250.246/siano/forum/SYS-acpi-as-module.txt

When I compile acpi directly into the kernel, I've got panic with the
same message as above (pmap_mapdev...).
Unfortunately I can't do backtrace, because kernel didn't mount disk
*before* panic, I will try to move function responsible for mounting
root device before pmap_mapdev().

Sorry, if my english is terrible, but I come from Poland.
Regards.

--
Pozdrawiam
Przemysław Celej