Thinkpad T43 strangeness

jedihobbes at gmail.com jedihobbes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:48:29 PDT 2005

Ok, I fixed it. I removed "device acpi" from my kernel conf, and added
acpi_ibm_load="YES" to loader.conf, this seems to have solved the
problems. Just to clarify some things, then:

On 9/19/05, Tobias Roth <roth at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> I have neither of those. Are you sure the first one is correct? Just
> remove apic from your kernel config and you should be fine in this
> matter. Does it work without the synaptics support? I'll try setting
> hw.psm.synaptics_support="1" once I have time and see if I can get the
> touchpad working.

I disabled apic as per this:

http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/index.pl?action=show_laptop_comment&commentid=874&laptop=701

but I suppose I could've removed APIC from the kernconf. Either way it
works:) With regards to the synaptics support, I'm *hoping* that it
will give the same functionality that the Synaptics driver does under
Linux, so that the KDE-FreeBSD guys can help me get KSynaptics
(http://qsynaptics.sourceforge.net/) working. It's not an entirely
NECESSARY tool, just a pretty way of enhancing the touchpad use.

> I have a 2688WC2, which has a (useless) fingerprint reader and an X300.
Consider yourself lucky. The Intel Media Graphics Accelerator 900
won't be properly supported by X.org till the next minor version
(6.8.3), so I'm stuck with the VESA driver:)

With regards to WHY this happened...I have no idea. I suppose using
deprecated kernel options is never a good thing. Maybe next time I
should read the context in the NOTES file before blatantly applying
changes to my kernel configuration:) Thanks for your help!

Regards,
   Ric