ACPI errors on amd64 (sempron)

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Fri Oct 28 13:18:14 PDT 2005

Moore, Robert wrote:

> I would be interested in knowing if FreeBSD is using the ACPI CA
> resource manager code, or is parsing the raw AML resource template
> buffers on its own.
>
> One advantage to using the resource manager is that the resources are
> converted to a format that is easier for upper code to analyze (and
> therefore less prone to error.)

We use our own (acpi_resource.c):
     while (curr < last) {
	res = (ACPI_RESOURCE *)curr;
	curr += res->Length;

	/* Handle the individual resource types */
	switch(res->Id) {
	case ACPI_RSTYPE_END_TAG:
	    ACPI_DEBUG_PRINT((ACPI_DB_RESOURCES, "EndTag\n"));
	    curr = last;
	    break;
	case ACPI_RSTYPE_FIXED_IO:
	    if (res->Data.FixedIo.RangeLength <= 0)
		break;
	    ACPI_DEBUG_PRINT((ACPI_DB_RESOURCES, "FixedIo 0x%x/%d\n",
			     res->Data.FixedIo.BaseAddress,
			     res->Data.FixedIo.RangeLength));
	    set->set_ioport(dev, context,
			    res->Data.FixedIo.BaseAddress,
			    res->Data.FixedIo.RangeLength);
	    break;

I haven't looked at the acpi ca resource manager but it will have to
match the rest of our rman system to be a viable replacement.

--
Nate