ACPI regression on IBM x336, dual Xeon EM64T, FreeBSD 6.0-BETA5

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 6 12:55:59 PDT 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 02:59 pm, Hroi Sigurdsson wrote:
> John Baldwin wrote:
> > Can you try doing 'hint.apic.0.disabled=1' instead and leaving ACPI
> > enabled and seeing if it works?  Also, are you able to capture the full
> > dmesg from the broken boot using a serial console or some such?
>
> I booted from the 6.0-BETA5 CD image.
>
> Without setting the hint:
> <http://quentin.asdf.dk/~hroi/freebsd/6.0-boot-hv-nohint.txt>

Hmm, don't see anything there.

> If I set hint.apic.0.disabled=1 I get:
> <http://quentin.asdf.dk/~hroi/freebsd/6.0-boot-hv-hint.apic.0.disabled=1.tx
>t> It boots into the installer menu, but the keyboard (PS/2) doesn't work.

Well, both the psm0 and atkbd0 devices fail to attach, so that is your problem
there.  You might try adding some printf's to narrow down why it is failing.