Suspend/Resume Toshiba Portege 4010

Russell Jackson raj at cserv62.csub.edu
Wed Oct 5 13:58:32 PDT 2005

I've finally got around to testing suspend on this laptop again with a
very recent CURRENT. It gets into the suspend state with a few errors
listed as follows:

	Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: pcm0 cbb1++*"; throttling
	interrupt source
	acpi: suspend request ignored (not ready yet)

It's on wakeup, that I get a fatal error:

	wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:00:11)
	g_vfs_done():ad0s3a[READ(offset=224428032, length=2560)]error =
	6
	vnode_pager_getpages: I/O read error

At this point, the machine can't read from the disk and eventually
panics. My guess is that the ata controller isn't being reattached on
resume for some reason.

Anyone have any ideas? Need more debug output? Should I file a bug
report?

--
Russell A. Jackson <raj at csub.edu>
By doing just a little every day, you can gradually let the task