Sony VAIO - suspend/resume works, but SLOW

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Oct 4 06:43:11 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

After switching to a new laptop, now a VAIO VGN-A170P (Pentium-M
1.5GHz), I've started messing with ACPI suspend and resume again.

Suspend seems to work just fine (at least from console mode - haven't
tried from X yet).

Resume seems to work, however once the system is resumed, it is
incredibly slow.  Slow as in - about 5-10 seconds to show the word 'top'
after typed into the console.

When watching top, I don't see anything abnormal - nothing seems to be
gobbling CPU (it appears as mostly idle).  When I go to do a reboot, it
will never reboot, hangs before finally syncing disks.

This happens while in single user mode with no modules loaded.

Any tips on what to do next?  (backtrace?)

Recent dmesg/acpidumps/kernelconfigs/sysctl output here:
http://www.googlebit.com/freebsd/

Thanks!
Eric