Worked in RELENG_5, fails in RELENG_6

Moore, Robert robert.moore at intel.com
Tue Nov 29 22:59:18 GMT 2005

Some ideas:

This looks like possibly the pointer to the FACS (in the FADT) is bogus.

There may be multiple RSDTs/XSDTs on this machine and the code is
picking the wrong one (a bad one).

In any case, it will probably require some poking around by hand in
memory to trace the RSDT/FADT/FACS pointers and examine the tables.
Instrumenting acpidump might be helpful (I would hope that acpidump has
a verbose mode to help track down these kinds of problems.)

Bob

Could