ACPI + FIC VA-503+ = non-working fdc

George Mitchell george at m5p.com
Mon Nov 28 17:34:05 GMT 2005

http://www.m5p.com/~george/dmesg-6.0-no-acpi-verbose.txt
http://www.m5p.com/~george/dmesg-6.0-acpi-verbose.txt

> > Also, in 6.0-RELEASE, enabling ACPI seems to cause the re driver to
> > get watchdog timeouts ...
>
> Are any of the IRQs different with ACPI enabled vs ACPI disabled?  Also, do
> you get these times with ACPI enabled on 5.x?

See above for 6.0.  ACPI had enough other problems on 5.0 that I never
ran with it enabled, except a couple of times when I saw that the floppy
controller wasn't working.  Thanks for your attention.        -- George

P.S. I got these dumps with 6.0-RC1, but the messages are the same with
6.0-RELEASE.