Dell Inspiron 510m sleep states S3/S4 not working

Igor Partola ipartola at pisem.net
Sun Mar 6 01:02:46 GMT 2005

Ulrich Spörlein wrote:

>On Thu, 03.03.2005 at 17:10:25 -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
>

>>Easiest way to test for resets is to stick this loop in the C code,
>>pushing it farther down until you identify the line of code that resets
>>instead of hanging.
>>
>>hang: goto hang;
>>
>>Try this in AcpiEnterSleepState().
>>

>Been there, done that. See
>http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-acpi/2004-December/000949.html
>
>Ulrich Spoerlein

I just did some testing just to make sure that my system resets on the
same line. Sadly that is the problem, writing PM1A resets the machine.

I also compared the code with hwsleep.c from linux 2.6.10. They almost
exactly the same, except for at one point but that should only affect
S5. Everything else is the same.

I have no idea of where the problem is but I'm willing to debug the code
if someone tells me where to look. Should I maybe address the issue on
freebsd-current as the problem might be in the device drivers?

Igor