cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Jun 16 11:51:09 GMT 2005

Nate Lawson wrote:
> Eric Anderson wrote:
>
>> John Baldwin wrote:
>>

>>> Actually, we already reprogram all the APIC intpins on resume in
>>> ioapic_resume() from saved state.  There's actually not anything for
>>> ioapic_suspend() to do, so I've mostly left this as a marker until
>>> the current resume code is tested.
>>

>> I now see that when it is trying to come out of resume, it panics.  I
>> can't see it, and my serial access doesn't seem to work at that point
>> (I booted with boot -h, maybe I should have set some additional
>> options) - but if I type 'call doadump' on the keyboard, it dumps.
>> However, I have no idea what to do with it now that it's dumped :)
>

> That's getting somewhere.  Use savecore(8) to get a copy of the dump
> image.  Then run dmesg on it to get console messages and gdb
> /boot/kernel/kernel vmcore and type "bt" to get a backtrace and "print
> panicstr" to get the panic message.

The 'call doadump' must be failing, or something.  The machine runs the
disk like mad for hours, and never stops.  I can't see the screen (acpi
or something turned it off), otherwise I would tell you more.

So, two questions:
1) How can I get it to leave my screen alone when suspending, so I can
see what's happening on it's way back up during resume?

2) How can I get the debugger to use the serial port at this point?  It
works once I've booted up, etc, but when resuming the serial port never
comes back alive.  I have comconsole setup in my loader.conf, and that
seems to switch the bootup and such, but once I try to resume, it kills
the serial and the console keyboard so I have nothing.

Eric