cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Jun 16 00:13:38 GMT 2005

John Baldwin wrote:

>>It is interesting that the suspend path without the apic support causes
>>a hang for you.  This should be investigated.  Does it work if you have
>>apic compiled in but boot with hint.apic.0.disabled="1" ? Any ideas
>>where to look John?
>

> Not for the !APIC case, no.  It would probably be good to get that working
> first before trying to work on the APIC case.  Perhaps the ioapic resume code
> is using locks when it shouldn't though.  Is it not safe to grab a spin lock
> when intr_resume() is called?

>>I still think this needs to be implemented although it's not likely to
>>be your problem.
>

> Actually, we already reprogram all the APIC intpins on resume in
> ioapic_resume() from saved state.  There's actually not anything for
> ioapic_suspend() to do, so I've mostly left this as a marker until the
> current resume code is tested.

I now see that when it is trying to come out of resume, it panics.  I
can't see it, and my serial access doesn't seem to work at that point (I
booted with boot -h, maybe I should have set some additional options) -
but if I type 'call doadump' on the keyboard, it dumps.  However, I have
no idea what to do with it now that it's dumped :)

Eric