cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Mon Jun 13 13:03:05 GMT 2005

Eric Anderson wrote:
[..snip..]
>> Awesome!!  Now does anyone have any hints on how I can start looking
>> at why it powers off instead of resumes?  Screen is blank the whole
>> time so it's hard to tell whats happening.
>

> Of course, as soon as I send this email, it *STOPS* working.  I cannot
> figure this out - it successfully went into suspend, and now I can't get
> it to go into it.  I haven't recompiled anything, haven't changed any
> settings, nothing.
>
> I'm so lost.. Does anyone have any hints, clues, etc?  I have a spare
> D610 now to experiment on - I'm open to suggestions..

Ok - I've narrowed it down.  A GENERIC kernel will go into S3 just fine
on this laptop.  Removing apic from the kernel will break that.

I've also run into some bugs with having smp in the kernel and certain
modules, so beware.

Now, I can successfully go into S3, but coming back out (using the lid
switch button or the power button are the only ways I know of) seems to
reboot the machine.  Maybe I should say that I can't tell if it's
rebooting the machine, or if the machine just 'powers up' as if it was
off.

How do I go about debugging from here?

Eric