cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi.c

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Jun 8 11:46:18 GMT 2005

Warner Losh wrote:
> imp         2005-06-03 20:12:12 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     sys/dev/acpica       acpi.c
>   Log:
>   In newbus land, ivars can only be accessed for direct child, or when
>   the driver has unholy private knowledge of its great-*cgrandchildren.
>   The ACPI allocation routine lacked such knowledge when it tried to do
>   a default allocation for all descendants, rather than just its
>   immeidate children, so would access grandchild's ivar in an unsafe
>   way.  This could lead to a panic when devices were present which had
>   no addresses setup by the BIOS, but which were later allocated in a
>   lazy manner via pci_alloc_map.  As such, only do the default
>   allocation adjustments for immediate children.  The manner that
>   acpi_sysres_find accesses the resource list, used later in
>   acpi_alloc_resource, is safe and proper so no additional test is
>   needed there.
>
>   This fixes a panic when probing an disabled ata controller on some
>   newer intel blades.
>
>   Reported by: dwhite
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.214     +1 -1      src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi.c

Warner - I owe you a beer!  I believe this commit got my Dell D610
laptop (and maybe the D600's?) to go into S3 mode, which prior to this
commit it would power off the machine instead of going into S3.

Now, my only problem is that when trying to come out of S3, it powers off.

How do I debug that?

Thanks for the commit!!
Eric