wakeonlan problem with FreeBSD

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 28 14:34:35 GMT 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 01:29:03PM +0100, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with FreeBSD and wake on lan. I have an asrock K8S8X
> mainboard and try to use the wakeonlan feature to start the computer.
> I have set up the bios to enable WOL. Everything is working when I
> shutdown the computer from WinXP. When I turn the computer of from
> FreeBSD using halt -p oder apciconf -s5 WOL doesn't work. Any suggestions
> how I can enable WOL when freebsd does the poweroff.

this is a network driver issue and not related to acpi. please resend
to freebsd-stable or freebsd-current.
don't forget to include info about your network device (brand, model,
driver used).

a well-chosen subject also enhances your chances of getting a reply, I'd
suggest something like "wake-on-lan not working with sis", if sis is
the driver you use.

cheers, t.