Z00Q Problem Tyan MB!

Gnu_Raiz gnu.raiz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:23:59 PST 2005

Hi: developers, fellow users!

After reading the manual, and trying different things to get the acpi error
message's from showing up in boot output. I have come to you for help in
solving this problem.

After doing a google search it seems that Tyan has a problem with their MB's
and especially their acpi regarding the Z00Q errors.  It seems that many
people have the error's I have, but after reading up on the threads, I have
not seen a solution posted. I have seen a few people give up, but no
solutions. I am using a Tyan Tiger MP 2460 motherboard with 2 mp 1.2 chips,
with an smp kernel. So far I don't think that these errors are fatal, as
others have mentioned, it just looks bad.

I am running FreeBSD Raiz_mpx.midsouth.rr.com 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD
6.0-RELEASE #2: Sun Dec 18 17:44:34 CST 2005
rcall at Raiz_mpx.midsouth.rr.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MPXSMPKERNEL
i386

Here is the sysctl hw.acpi information.
-------
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 1
hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage: 100.00%
---------

Here is the sample boot -v with acpi enabled. Of course this goes on for
like 20 lines, If you really need all of dmesg then I would be happy to post
the rest.
---------
in  ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z00Q] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
SearchNode 0xc2251d40 StartNode 0xc2251d40 ReturnNode 0
    ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed
[\\_SB_.PCI0.ISA_.SIO_.COM2._S
TA] (Node 0xc229d0a0), AE_NOT_FOUND
    ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [Z00Q] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND
    ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed
[\\_SB_.PCI0.ISA_.SIO_.COM1._S
---------

If I boot with acpi disabled, I get pnp errors on one of my device's, so I
really need to use acpi even with the error messages. I have looked in the
bios for different options to turn on and off, but with no success. When I
compile my .asl file I get these results.
------------
Raiz_mpx# iasl rcall-TyanMP2460.asl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler / AML Disassembler version 20041119 [Nov  3 2005]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2004 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 2.0c

rcall-TyanMP2460.asl  1553:                             Store (Z00Q, Local0)
Error    1022 -                             Object does not exist ^  (Z00Q)

rcall-TyanMP2460.asl  1659:                             Store (Z00Q, Local0)
Error    1022 -                             Object does not exist ^  (Z00Q)

rcall-TyanMP2460.asl  1891:                             Store (Z00Q, Local0)
Error    1022 -                             Object does not exist ^  (Z00Q)

rcall-TyanMP2460.asl  2386:     Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning  2026 -                            ^ Reserved method must return a
value (_WAK)

ASL Input:  rcall-TyanMP2460.asl - 2401 lines, 77770 bytes, 827 keywords
Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 320 Optimizations
Raiz_mpx#
------------

I have looked in my .asl file but I am at a loss for what to look for, or
how to solve my problem. I do code a little bit and going to the error lines
I find this.
I put in the (---->) to point to the line that the error code is in.

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
                        {
                            Store (Z00Q, Local0)
(--->)                    And (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
                            If (LEqual (Local0, 0x02))
                            {
                                Return (0x00)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Return (STA (0x03))
                            }
                        }

                        Name (_PRS, ResourceTemplate ()

 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
                        {
  (---->)                 Store (Z00Q, Local0)
                            And (Local0, 0x02, Local0)
                            If (LEqual (Local0, 0x02))
                            {
                                Return (0x00)
                            }
                            Else

Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
                        {
(---->)                   Store (Z00Q, Local0)
                            And (Local0, 0x04, Local0)
                            If (LEqual (Local0, 0x04))
                            {
                                Return (0x00)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                Return (STA (0x01))
(---->)   Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        Or (Arg0, 0xE0, Local0)
        Store (Local0, DBG1)
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x01))
        {
            Store (IO8E, Local1)
            Store (Local1, PMC7)
        }

        Notify (\_SB.PWRB, 0x02)
    }

-------
I have also added this to my /boot/loader.conf it boots, but is the same as
my original on my MB.  I would be willing to test some DSDT files, if it
helps in solving the problem.

acpi_dsdt_load="YES"
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/DSDT.aml"
hw.acpi.osname="Windows 2001"

Since I do not run a web server I have no way of archiving my .asl file I
would be more than happy to send it to anyone through e-mail. I am also not
subscribed to the list so please cc me.

Gnu_Raiz