Toshiba Satellite P10 + wrong battery state reported by ACPIIO_BATT_GET_BATTINFO.

Yuri Skripachov skripachov at mail.ru
Wed Dec 7 06:00:17 PST 2005

Hi All,

Checking _BST results in the acpi_battery_bst_valid() (acpi_battery.c)
always brings about 'not present' state if I have plugged AC adapter
as result of comparing battery state with ACPI_BATT_STAT_MAX (because
1.90 and 1.50 bioses use bit7 as a 'AC plugged' sign).
Is this behaviour a ACPI BIOS bug? Could ACPI BIOS conforming to the
specification report battery state more than ACPI_BATT_STAT_MAX
(==0x7 now)?
Currently I've wrapped _BST method by masking returned state with
0x7f. The same is possible for the acpi_battery_bst_valid() function
in dev/acpica/acpi_battery.c
Which way is right?

--
Best regards,