Tyan Tiget S5351-i7322 hangs with ACPI (AMD64 or i386)

Robert Faulds Robert.Faulds at voxify.com
Tue Dec 6 14:39:23 PST 2005

it seems

> that you have problems if you use APIC, and don't have problems if you

> disable APIC, and ACPI has no real bearing.  It sounds like perhaps
your BIOS
> is not giving us the right information about how the interrupts are
> connected.  Have you tried plugging the devices into mpt0 rather than
mpt1
> btw?  As it is, you can try to override your BIOS to set the IRQ for
mpt1
> manually to try to figure out what IRQ it is really routed to.  (If
there is
> a BIOS update that might also fix this problem.)  I'd try IRQs 24-47
(on your
> second ioapic) first.  You can try an IRQ by setting this in the
loader
> before boot (this would use IRQ 24 for mpt1):
>
> hw.pci3.3.INTB.irq=24

Thanks. I had started doing that with no luck. Unfortunately, I'm at the
latest BIOS Tyan offers and it has no provision for forcing interrupts.
I had moved the disks to channel 2 because I had an older CDROM on the
first (external connector) and thought it might be a conflict (SCSI3 vs
SCSI1). No luck there either.

At this point I believe the most efficient use of my time will be to
ship these all back and get them replaced with something a bit more
compliant.

Thanks for all the help and advice,
Robert