Worked in RELENG_5, fails in RELENG_6

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Thu Dec 1 01:20:01 GMT 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 9:18 AM, John Baldwin wrote:

> David, can you use a
> serial console to grab a boot -v output that includes the SMAP
> output?  Also,
> the boot -v output might also provide the PA of FACS (or maybe
> acpidump -t
> would have that?) which would also be useful.

Serial console boot -v with working ACPI, attempted to edit ^H's out:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~dkelly/opus_serialconsole.log

I don't grep SMAP in acpidump output but there was plenty in boot -v
above:

acpidump -t -d:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~dkelly/opus_acpidump-t-d.txt

acpidump -t:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~dkelly/opus_acpidump-t.txt

acpidump -d:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~dkelly/opus_acpidump-d.txt

And ultimately this is what started it all. Re-enabled hw.physmem and
captured the boot -v panic via serial console and didn't bother to
edit the ^H's:
http://home.hiwaay.net/~dkelly/opus-panic.log

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net