trouble overriding DSDT

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Mon Sep 20 18:21:18 PDT 2004

Moore, Robert wrote:
>>Oh, sorry.  Yes, acpidump(8) will always pull the underlying "real"
>>table from memory.
>

> If acpidump is dumping the "real" tables, why does the DSDT get combined
> with the SSDT?

Our acpidump dumps all tables that contain AML (DSDT, SSDT) at once.
The user load of "which table do I dump?" would otherwise be too great
when trying to get debugging info from them.  It's hard enough as it is
to get both -t and -d output (fixed tables + AML).  I'm thinking about
making -t automatic when -d is specified.

--
Nate