freebsd laptops

Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Tue May 25 16:40:51 PDT 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004 12:50:51 +0000
"Johnny Wong" <necro at siudong.ath.cx> wrote:

> I'm just wondering which laptops and freebsd make good combination? I would like an laptop with as many supported
> hardware as possible, fully acpi support and around $1000 US. Any suggestion is welcome.
> thanks

I am using AVERATEC 3150H (~$800). Had to hack ASL for normal thermal support and
use powernow_k7 loadable module to do CPU trottling. Sleep does not work, but is
unimportant to me. So it is not 100% ACPI compatible just yet, but this is only
new 4-pound laptop under $1000 I know of.

HTH.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.