Panasonic acpi driver

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Wed Jul 21 09:40:22 PDT 2004

OGAWA Takaya wrote:
> At Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:35:12 +0900 (JST),
> Takahashi Yoshihiro wrote:
>
>>I put new patch to
>>http://home.jp.freebsd.org/~nyan/patches/acpi_pana2.diff.gz
>

> Thank you.  That looks great!
> It does the job without any problem here.

Thank you for importing the driver, Yoshihiro-san.  I wanted to also let the
list know that anyone who is considering committing a userland hotkeys script
should talk to me first.  I don't want us to import any device-specific hotkey
scripts (i.e., asus, panasonic, toshiba, etc.) but instead have a single
general-purpose script and have the kernel translate device-specific tables of
hotkey values to generic ones.  That way a single script can look for the
generic "volume up/down" buttons and act accordingly.

Please email me if you're interested in working on that.

-Nate