S3 on Dell laptops..

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Dec 1 21:51:22 PST 2004

Prior to today, I've been running 5.3-RELEASE on a Dell laptop.  Only
one power save mode worked for me, S1.

Today, I updated my src tree, and sucked in the recently posted acpi
patches and rebuilt world.

Prior to doing that, attempting to go into S3 would result in immediate
reboot, whereas now, it actually begins to run the disk, blank the
screen, and THEN reboots.  So progress has been made :)

I'd love to get S3 (and S4/S4BIOS?) working on this laptop - what can I
do to help?

Eric