cvs commit: src/sys/netgraph netgraph.h ng_base.c ng_iface.c
mav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 6 13:37:45 PST 2008
mav 2008-02-06 21:37:45 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Modified files: (Branch: RELENG_6)
sys/netgraph netgraph.h ng_base.c ng_iface.c
Massive sync with HEAD:
- Instead of direct manipulation on queue and worklist mutexes, bring macros
for doing this job. This change will make it easy to migrate from using
spinning locks to adaptive ones.
- We don't need spinning locks here. Change them to the adaptive mutexes. This
change should bring no performance decrease, as it did not in my tests.
- Despite several examples in the kernel, the third argument of
sysctl_handle_int is not sizeof the int type you want to export.
- Implement stack protection based on GET_STACK_USAGE() macro.
This fixes system panics possible with complicated netgraph setups
and allows to avoid unneded extra queueing for stack unwrapping.
- Cleanup and tune ng_snd_item() function as it is one of the
most busy netgraph functions.
Revision Changes Path
22.214.171.124 +23 -0 src/sys/netgraph/netgraph.h
126.96.36.199 +140 -174 src/sys/netgraph/ng_base.c
188.8.131.52 +1 -0 src/sys/netgraph/ng_iface.c
More information about the cvs-src