cvs commit: src/sys/amd64/conf NOTES src/sys/conf files.amd64
files.i386 src/sys/dev/ipmi ipmi.c ipmi_acpi.c ipmi_isa.c
ipmi_kcs.c ipmi_pci.c ipmi_smbios.c ipmi_smbus.c ipmi_smic.c
ipmi_ssif.c ipmivars.h src/sys/i386/conf NOTES ...
jhb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 22 15:11:33 PDT 2006
jhb 2006-09-22 22:11:29 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
sys/conf files.amd64 files.i386
sys/dev/ipmi ipmi.c ipmi_pci.c ipmi_smbios.c
sys/dev/ipmi ipmi_acpi.c ipmi_isa.c ipmi_kcs.c
ipmi_smbus.c ipmi_smic.c ipmi_ssif.c
Update the ipmi(4) driver:
- Split out the communication protocols into their own files and use
a couple of function pointers in the softc that the commuication
protocols setup in their own attach routine.
- Add support for the SSIF interface (talking to IPMI over SMBus).
- Add an ACPI attachment.
- Add a PCI attachment that attaches to devices with the IPMI interface
- Split the ISA attachment out into its own file: ipmi_isa.c.
- Change the code to probe the SMBIOS table for an IPMI entry to just use
pmap_mapbios() to map the table in rather than trying to setup a fake
resource on an isa device and then activating the resource to map in the
- Make bus attachments leaner by adding attach functions for each
communication interface (ipmi_kcs_attach(), ipmi_smic_attach(), etc.)
that setup per-interface data.
- Formalize the model used by the driver to handle requests by adding an
explicit struct ipmi_request object that holds the state of a given
request and reply for the entire lifetime of the request. By bundling
the request into an object, it is easier to add retry logic to the various
communication backends (as well as eventually support BT mode which uses
a slightly different message format than KCS, SMIC, and SSIF).
- Add a per-softc lock and remove D_NEEDGIANT as the driver is now MPSAFE.
- Add 32-bit compatibility ioctl shims so you can use a 32-bit ipmitool
- Add ipmi(4) to i386 and amd64 NOTES.
Submitted by: ambrisko (large portions of 2 and 3)
Sponsored by: IronPort Systems, Yahoo!
MFC after: 6 days
Revision Changes Path
1.59 +2 -0 src/sys/amd64/conf/NOTES
1.94 +7 -1 src/sys/conf/files.amd64
1.566 +7 -1 src/sys/conf/files.i386
1.4 +674 -773 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi.c
1.1 +210 -0 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_acpi.c (new)
1.1 +209 -0 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_isa.c (new)
1.1 +607 -0 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_kcs.c (new)
1.2 +203 -217 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_pci.c
1.2 +138 -367 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_smbios.c
1.1 +131 -0 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_smbus.c (new)
1.1 +361 -0 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_smic.c (new)
1.1 +375 -0 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmi_ssif.c (new)
1.2 +170 -42 src/sys/dev/ipmi/ipmivars.h
1.1232 +2 -0 src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES
1.2 +6 -2 src/sys/modules/ipmi/Makefile
1.2 +36 -0 src/sys/sys/ipmi.h
More information about the cvs-src