cvs commit: src/lib/libc/stdlib malloc.c
jasone at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 30 20:25:53 UTC 2006
jasone 2006-03-30 20:25:52 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
Optimize runtime performance, primary using the following techniques:
* Avoid choosing an arena until it's certain that an arena is needed
* Convert division/multiplication to bitshifting where possible.
* Avoid accessing TLS variables in single-threaded code.
* Reduce the amount of pointer dereferencing.
* Move lock acquisition in critical paths to only protect the the code
that requires synchronization, and completely remove locking where
Revision Changes Path
1.120 +294 -285 src/lib/libc/stdlib/malloc.c
More information about the cvs-src