cvs commit: src/sys/dev/sk if_sk.c if_skreg.h xmaciireg.h yukonreg.h
yongari at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 27 05:59:10 UTC 2006
yongari 2006-04-27 05:59:09 UTC
FreeBSD src repository
sys/dev/sk if_sk.c if_skreg.h xmaciireg.h yukonreg.h
Bring busdmafied sk(4) to all architectures.
- MPSAFE. No more recursive lock required.
- bus_dma(9) conversion. I think it should work on all architectures.
- optimized Rx handler for each normal and jumbo frames. Previously
sk(4) used jumbo frame management code to handle normal sized
frames. As the handler needs an additional lock to protect jumbo
frame management structure from races, it used two lock operations
for each received packet. Now sk(4) uses single lock operation for
normal frame.(Jumbo frame still needs two lock operations as before.)
The hardware supports DMA scatter operations for Rx descriptors such
that it's possible to take advantagee of m_cljget(9) for jumbo frames.
However, due to a unknown reasons it resulted in poor performance on
sparc64. So I dropped m_cljget(9) approach. This should be revisited
since it would reduce one lock operation for jumbo frame handling.
- Tx TCP/Rx IP checksum offload support. According to the data sheet
of SK-NET GENESIS the hardware supports Rx IP/TCP/UDP offload.
But I couldn't make it work on my Yukon hardware. So Rx TCP/UDP was
disabled at the moment. It seems that newer Yukon chips can support
Tx UDP checksum offload too. But I need more documentation first.
- Added more wait time in reading VPD data. It seems that ASUS LOM
takes a very long time to respond VPD read signal.
- Added an additional lock for MII register access callbacks.
- Added more strict received packet validation routine. Previously it
passed corrupted packets to upper layers under certain conditions.
- A new function sk_yukon_tick() to handle auto-negotiation properly.
- Interrupt handler now checks shared interrupt source and protects
the interrupt handler from NULL pointer dereference which was caused
by odd status word value. The status word can returns 0xffffffff if
cable is unplugged while Rx/Tx/auto-negotiation is in progress.
- suspend/resume support(not tested).
- Added Rx/Tx FIFO flush routine for Yukon
- Activate Tx descriptor poll timer in order to protect possible loss
of SK_TXBMU_TX_START command. Previously the driver continuously issued
SK_TXBMU_TX_START when it notices pending Tx descriptors not processed
yet in interrupt handler. That approach would add additional PCI
write access overhead under high Tx load situations and it might fail
if the first SK_TXBMU_TX_START was lost and no interrupt is generated
from the first SK_TXBMU_TX_START command.
- s/printf/if_printf/, s/printf/device_printf/, Axe sk_unit in softc.
- Setting multicast/station address is now safe on strict-alignment
- Fix long standing bug in VLAN header length setup.
- Added/corrected register definitions for Yukon.
(Register information from Linux skge driver.)
- Added Rx status definition for Marvell Yukon/XaQti XMAC.
(Rx status register information from Linux skge driver.)
- Update if_oerrors if we encounter watchdog error.
- callout(9) conversion
Special thanks to jkim who let me know RX status differences between
Yukon and XaQti XMAC.
It seems that there is still occasional watchdog timeout error but I
couldn't reproduce it and need more information to analyze it from
Tested by: bz(amd64), me(i386, sparc64), current ML
Frank Behrens frank ! pinky ( sax $ de
Revision Changes Path
1.121 +1571 -538 src/sys/dev/sk/if_sk.c
1.33 +95 -43 src/sys/dev/sk/if_skreg.h
1.5 +3 -0 src/sys/dev/sk/xmaciireg.h
1.3 +30 -11 src/sys/dev/sk/yukonreg.h
More information about the cvs-src