cvs commit: src/sys/compat/ndis kern_ndis.c ndis_var.h subr_ndis.c
wpaul at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 5 01:26:53 PDT 2004
wpaul 2004/04/05 01:26:52 PDT
FreeBSD src repository
sys/compat/ndis kern_ndis.c ndis_var.h subr_ndis.c
- The MiniportReset() function can return NDIS_STATUS_PENDING, in which
case we should wait for the resetdone handler to be called before
- When providing resources via ndis_query_resources(), uses the
computed rsclen when using bcopy() to copy out the resource data
rather than the caller-supplied buffer length.
- Avoid using ndis_reset_nic() in if_ndis.c unless we really need
to reset the NIC because of a problem.
- Allow interrupts to be fielded during ndis_attach(), at least
as far as allowing ndis_isr() and ndis_intrhand() to run.
- Use ndis_80211_rates_ex when probing for supported rates. Technically,
this isn't supposed to work since, although Microsoft added the extended
rate structure with the NDIS 5.1 update, the spec still says that
the OID_802_11_SUPPORTED_RATES OID uses ndis_80211_rates. In spite of
this, it appears some drivers use it anyway.
- When adding in our guessed rates, check to see if they already exist
so that we avoid any duplicates.
- Add a printf() to ndis_open_file() that alerts the user when a
driver attempts to open a file under /compat/ndis.
With these changes, I can get the driver for the SMC 2802W 54g PCI
card to load and run. This board uses a Prism54G chip. Note that in
order for this driver to work, you must place the supplied smc2802w.arm
firmware image under /compat/ndis. (The firmware is not resident on
Note that this should also allow the 3Com 3CRWE154G72 card to work
as well; as far as I can tell, these cards also use a Prism54G chip.
Revision Changes Path
1.49 +18 -16 src/sys/compat/ndis/kern_ndis.c
1.24 +1 -1 src/sys/compat/ndis/ndis_var.h
1.54 +2 -1 src/sys/compat/ndis/subr_ndis.c
1.52 +37 -36 src/sys/dev/if_ndis/if_ndis.c
More information about the cvs-src