CTM for FreeBSD-11

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen stephen at missouri.edu
Tue Aug 2 16:22:45 UTC 2016

From: Julian H. Stacey [jhs at berklix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 11:13 AM
To: Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
Cc: ctm-users at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: CTM for FreeBSD-11

"Montgomery-Smith, Stephen" wrote:
> You can get it here
> http://web.missouri.edu/~stephen/CTM/
> and here
> ftp://ctm.berklix.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CTM/

Thanks Stephen,

The base delta of 211 meg is called src-11.0001.gz
missing the traditional Empty nomenclature as in eg
        3190177264 Mar 14 00:04 svn-cur.04300xEmpty.xz
The "Empty" convention would be nice to retain if possible please,
to let scripts distinguish base deltas from incremental deltas.

I think the base delta is always meant to be 0001 rather than 0000xEmpty.  The scripts are definitely designed to do this, and I have always done it this way in the past.