svn-cur

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Oct 22 12:30:10 UTC 2012

> Also, I checked your MD5 numbers, and you definitely have deltas created
> with pre-patch tools.
>
> To see this another way, type:
> unxz -c svn-cur.00501.xz | head -5 | tail -1
>
> If you get something like:
> CTMSV 237140 74601
> you have deltas created with pre-patch tools.  Deltas created with
> post-patch tools look like this:
> CTMSV base 237140 74601

OK, I'd deleted all my svn-cur.007* after your & my last mail,
but I found a local backup. Yes I see
	unxz -c svn-cur.00501.xz | head -5 | tail -1
	CTMSV 237140 74601
The change occured between svn-cur.00743.xz & svn-cur.00744.xz

> The appearance of the word "base" is the only difference.  It tells ctm
> which directory to apply the deltas to.  In the case of files from
> svn-ports-cur, the directory is "ports".

unxz -c  svn-ports-cur.00002.xz | head -5 | tail -1
	CTMSV ports 303959 105361

> If you have pre-patch archives you want to use, you could go through
> them all and add this word in the right place.  But then you will also
> have to change the md5 numbers at the end of the files.  This is not
> entirely trivial, but I can explain it if someone really wants to know.

Not for me thanks, I'm happy :-)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".