svn-cur

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Dec 27 18:27:36 UTC 2011

Hi,
Reference:

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> On 12/27/2011 10:41 AM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Chris Rees wrote:
>
> >> Stephen is pointing out that src-9.0001 is not an incremental delta;
> >> there's no src-9.0000.
> >>
> >> Yes, when it gets to src-9.0100 there'll be an Empty file here,
> >
> > Ah good, Thanks.
> >
> >> but
> >> since there's no difference between 0001 and 0001Empty, there's no
> >> point in having both files there.
> >
> > OK.
> > I'd suggest it's better to rename them with string Empty for consistency ?
>
> When I modify or take over someone elses code, I try to follow their
> style, even if this leads to slight inconsistencies.  The original
> writer of the script mkCTM must have intended for the first delta to be
> called xxx.0001.  There is a flag in the script called "CTMfirst."
> Setting this to "1" causes the script to generate xxx.0001 by comparing
> it to an empty directory.
>
> This makes it very easy for me to start a new ctm series of deltas.  I
> set this flag to "1," run the mkCTM script, then set this flag back to
> "0," and then sit back and hope the whole thing works.
>
> It probably wouldn't be terribly hard for me to make slight
> modifications to mkCTM to rename it to .0001xEmpty.  But I prefer to
> stick to the original design as much as possible.

OK, forget it then, Thanks.
  ( Sorry, I had not been intending to suggest modifying a script, I
  thought I was just remembering files names from the past to be
  conformant with, that I thought/ presumed had started all zeros Empty .gz.
  I was presumably wrong on that if its always been the same script
  in use (& archives I've tried to check on for interest have been
  stripped to save space) )

Chris's assurance covers what was most of interest :-)
	"Yes, when it gets to src-9.0100 there'll be an Empty file here"

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".