Do you still want CTM?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Aug 4 16:09:24 UTC 2009

I use & like CTM 'cos it's effecient push technology, whereas CVSup is
pull technology.

With increasingly common cheap flat rate DSL / fast connections,
that's less important to more end users than once it was.

But I guess for those who may touch base briefly with a laptop, then
whizz off traveling somewhere, it could still be a bonus there too.

Plus if we ever really got mainstream interest in BSD,
CVSup servers wouldnt scale well to supply 100 times more clients,
whereas CTM to 100 times more recipients would make little difference.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey: BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com