Do you still want CTM?

Andre Albsmeier Andre.Albsmeier at siemens.com
Tue Aug 4 06:16:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 04-Aug-2009 at 13:17:53 +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2009-Aug-03 21:46:06 -0500, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen at missouri.edu> wrote:
> >My question is this - are there people who still depend on CTM for their
> >updates?  Or is it time to close down CTM?  Or is there someone else who
> >wants to take it over?
>
> I don't have CVSup access at work and currently rely on CTM delta
> emails.  I also use CTM (via FTP) at home because that was easy to
> setup and means my trees at home and work are synchronised.

Same here ;-)

> I could switch to CVSup at home without too much hassle but loss of
> CTM would be a serious hassle at work - the easiest solution would

Exactly the same here. Additionally, I use a script which
applies the deltas and filters out changes and local
modifications. I am doing it this way since FreeBSD-2.1.5 ;-).

A few years ago, there was some disruption in the delta generation
and I had to use CVSup at home and carry stuff over at work
temporarily. It was a big hack and luckily delta generation was
restored. This showed me how much I loved CTM ;-).

If CTM went away the world would not end but I would miss
it heavily for sure.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts being put into CTM!

	-Andre