CTM - any users left?

Julian Stacey jhs at berklix.org
Mon Jun 16 15:29:11 PDT 2003

Mark Murray wrote (to current@, but thread [also] merits response by
those most affected:  ctm-users@ :

> Last time I looked, we had _very_ few CTM users.

I use CTM (even though I have DSL flat rate). Apart from direct subscribers,
there may be people on exploders. CTM Generator
        Stephen Montgomery-Smith (cc'd) might know,
At least one friend used to ftp the deltas, but didn't get them by
subscription. Other friend used to copy my local copy (no longer, but maybe
 others do).  What with the mirrors, one can't know who gets it that way.
Occasionally they end up on magazine CDROMs too etc.

> Is there any reason that the CTM stuff should not be a port?

Try inverting the question !
Or to be fair to all, phrase question neutraly:
"Would on balance, after all aspects & users etc are considered,
FreeBSD be a better or worse `product', if CTM was in src/ or ports/ ? "

My Opinion, FWIW: I recall the source is small, please leave CTM in src/.
My 2c.: Throw out 4M of games/ if you need to save space.

Other opinions ? (Don't forget to cc: Mark Murray <mark at grondar.org>
who may not be on this ctm-users at freebsd.org  list)
-
Julian Stacey       Freelance Systems Engineer, Unix & Net Consultant, Munich.
  Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !   Schnupftabak probieren.